- This event has passed.
Week of Prayer
March 30, 2015 - April 2, 2015
Each year the week before Easter we set aside time as a church family to pray.
We would love for you to sign up to come pray for an hour or longer as we lead into the Easter weekend. We will be praying specifically that the Lord would move in power, and for the salvation of souls as they are loved by us and hear the gospel being preached. Many of us have family members who we can specifically pray for and have others lift them up as well. Believing and persevering in the power of prayer, come join us!
From 7am to 7pm March 30 – April 2 our Family Room will be open for you to come and pray. We also have a special night of prayer Wednesday, April 1 at 7pm.
This year there are a number of special ways to get involved.
- Sign Up and Show Up – we have bulletin boards in the lobby for each day of the Week of Prayer. Sign up this weekend for a time to come and pray in our Family Room with others from our church family. The church will be open each day from 7am to 9pm.
- Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday Evenings at 7pm – we will have sweet times of worship and prayer in the Family Room in addition to daily prayer time—come one night or every night, all are welcome!
- Wednesday CHURCH-WIDE Prayer Meeting 7pm – this evening is the pinnacle of our Week of Prayer—you won’t want to miss it as hundreds gather together seeking God for abundant life change this Easter weekend!
- Subscribe to the Easter Blog – a number of our Pastors and staff have taken time to write some reflections on Holy Week. These devotionals will be sent out each morning next week with directives for prayer and worship for you. Sign up here.
- Easter Wall – entering the Worship Centre the past few weekends you may have noticed our Easter Wall. Written here are many symbols from Easter Week and their significance to the Christian life. Make sure to pause this weekend and learn some new things about Holy Week.
- Online Prayer – this year for Holy Week we have started an online prayer wall to share requests with our church family. Visit the Prayer Wall each day as it fills with new prayer and praises from our brothers and sisters here at Harvest Oakville. And post your own prayers, be encouraged as others in your family pray for you, too.
- Good Friday – Good Friday services are a somber time to remember Jesus’ death on the cross and the sacrifice He made to save us all. This year’s Good Friday services are April 3 at 8:30am, 10:00am, and 11:30am
- Tickets – you can find services times for Easter Saturday and Sunday services here. Please let us know which service you’ll be attending as we want to ensure everyone gets a seat.