We believe the current and future staff members of Harvest Oakville must have a sense of calling to serve God and those He calls to be part of our church family. We highly value humility and a passion for the Lord over other giftedness. Above and beyond the day to day duties of each staff role, staff members serve alongside the congregation on weekends and in weekday ministries to carry out God’s plan for our church.
“Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.” –Ephesians 4:15-16
All applicants must possess the following qualifications:
- Mature follower of Jesus Christ with character consistent with Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Timothy 3:1-7
- Authentic lifestyle demonstrating consistent character and spiritual growth
- Agreement with Harvest Oakville’s doctrinal statement
- A commitment to the mission, vision and leadership of Harvest Oakville
We will post open positions here. If you are interested in one of our open positions, please submit a personal resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We request that resumes only be submitted when open positions are posted below. Where needed, accommodations for disabilities will be provided, on request.
Please note: Only applicants being considered for positions will be contacted. These role descriptions are not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the church.
Director of Finance and Operations
Department: Finance and Operations
Supervisor: Executive Pastor
The Director of Finance and Operations will carry out the mission of Harvest Oakville with integrity through the wise stewardship of the resources entrusted to the church.
- Responsibility for proper accounting and financial reporting across the organization
- Regular financial reporting to senior leadership and Board of Elders
- Oversee insurance contract
- Assume oversight of accounting and government reporting
- Manage internal/external finance and banking relationships
- Oversee finance department staff
- Establish and implement financial policies and procedures as required
- Administrate bi-weekly payroll
- Ensure donor privacy and implement strict privacy policies
- Coordinate annual audits
- Present annual financial results at Annual Membership Meeting
- Assemble and obtain approval for annual budget
- Oversight and direction to the volunteer tellering team
HR procedures, including but not limited to:
- Health and Safety
- Employee contracts
- Coordination of immigration paperwork for staff on a case-by-case basis
- Administrate employee benefits plan
- Oversight of Bookstore operations
- Give leadership and direction to facility staff and hospitality ministry (Food Service) staff
- Give oversight and direction to IT contractors
- Give oversight and direction to administrative functions and staff
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor degree in Business, Finance or Accounting
- CPA, CA, and MBA preferred
- 10+ years of financial and operational leadership
- Strong collaborative skills
- Exceptional relational skills
- Leadership gifts
- Organized and detailed
- Ongoing pursuit of humility and holiness
Worship Leader – Church Plants
Supervisor – Senior Pastor
The Worship Leader will lead all aspects of musical worship, A/V, and weekend equipment set-up and tear down. The heart of this full-time role is to encourage and shepherd God’s people to worship God in spirit and truth. This position reports directly to the Senior Pastor under the direction of the Elders of the church.
- Leading worship during weekly rehearsals, Sunday mornings, monthly prayer meetings, and Harvest wide church events
- Discipling and developing worship team members in musical gifts and spiritual maturity
- Recruiting and developing new worship team members
- Leading in the development of video production along with website media and graphics
- Planning, reflecting, and implementing of vertical worship services with the Senior Pastor
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum three years of experience of leading a worship ministry
- Able to leverage technology in order to administer and communicate with people
- Strong and growing competence in musical ability
- Competence in graphic design and website management
- Fully aligned with and submitted to the Harvest Doctrinal statement
- Strong collaborative and relational skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Leadership ability in working as team player and independently
The Video Assistant will work with the Videographer in creating video content for all ministries, website/social media, and the weekend services.
- Service file management and upload to web
- Edit/upload various social media videos
- Work with other ministries to provide helpful video content for their needs
- Capture of weekday ministries
- Capture/edit various retreat recaps
- Capture/edit various special events
- Management of weekend camera team
- Weekend service prep including card management and programming our board for IMAG
- Will be trained in weekend camera operation and direction
- Train volunteers and interns
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Degree in Video, Electronic Media, Communications, Design, or a related field
- Demo reel or portfolio
- Comfortable on Mac computers
- Experience in FCPX and Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Team player
- Ongoing pursuit of humility
- Organized and attentive to small details
- Able to communicate clearly and consistently
- Supportive spouse (if applicable)
Administrative Assistant – Connections
Supervisor: Director of Connections
The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Director of Connections in assisting and supporting all responsibilities associated with connecting and assimilating visitors and members at Harvest Oakville. This role requires weekend work during worship services.
- Reports directly to and works closely with the Director of Connections
- Coordinate and organize for weekend Welcome Teams
- Prepare, set up, and organize volunteers for Party with the Pastors, Christ Follower Class, Communion, Baptisms, and Play Day
- Organize and update all serving opportunities for Harvest Oakville
- Ensure Connections Desk, resources, and newcomer packages are stocked for each weekend
- Create and develop reports associated from different ministries and events
- Work closely with many different ministries
- Perform other duties as required
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- More than three years experience in an office environment
- Proficient with computers
- Familiar with a church management system or customer relationship management software
- Previous customer service experience is a must
- Extremely organized and resourceful
- Strong communication skills
- Personable and warm
- Problem solver and forward thinker
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Balance multiple tasks and show initiative
- Ongoing pursuit of humility
- Teachable and willingness to learn
Bookkeeper – Toronto West
Supervisor: Pastor of Discipleship
The church’s Bookkeeper has the responsibility to ensure the church’s financial operations are processed and reported with accuracy and integrity. The Bookkeeper maintains records of financial transactions by establishing accounts; posting transactions; ensure legal requirements compliance.
- Perform employee reimbursements on a bi-weekly basis. Reviewing expense reports, ensuring expenses are supported by receipts, issuing payment to employee. Any follow up required for unmatched claims to be done by administrative staff.
- Reconcile and account for petty cash.
- Maintain books, records and general ledger in QuickBooks.
- To ensure any fund accounting is maintained.
- Obtain bills and enter into purchases ledger.
- Perform a cheque run on a bi-weekly basis, with invoices attached to cheques for review and
signature of authorized signees.
- Enter in debit or pre-authorized transactions from bank statement or credit cards into
- Reconcile the bank account on a monthly basis. Send a copy of bank reconciliation to
Deacon of Finance for his review.
- Run a monthly income statement and balance sheet for the Elder’s review. The income
statement should also include a column for the budgeted numbers to date on a pro-rata basis. Additionally, these reports should be reviewed in advance by the bookkeeper and any necessary notes or highlights that may be useful to the Elders should be noted in.
- To prepare reports as needed for individual ministry areas.
- To ensure the safety and integrity of data, including both onsite and offsite backup and
- To assist with the annual audit and preparation of books and records and related audit
working papers and cooperate with external accountant.
- To assist Elders and Deacon of Finance in annual reporting to congregation, which may
include a reporting to the congregation at the annual general meeting.
- To issue annual charitable receipts.
- Willing to be flexible with functions and hours.
BOOKKEEPERS DUTIES DO NOT INCLUDE
- Counting, processing and recording the weekly offerings. Scanning cheques and envelopes, counting money, tagging the funds to the donor in Fellowship One, reconciling the deposit and the bank deposit are the responsibility of the Tellering team.
- Responsibility for the T3010 charity return. This will be completed by the External Accountant that performs the audit.
- Responsibility to prepare the budget. The Deacon of Finance will prepare the budget along with the Elders and information supplied from each ministry area. The bookkeeper will provide the necessary historical reports to the Deacon of Finance and Elders for their purposes of creating a budget. The bookkeeper will need to enter in the final budget numbers into the bookkeeping data program.
- Responsibility of contracts, agreements, banking agreements, etc. is not the responsible of the bookkeeper, but that of Harvest Oakville’s Finance Team and the Elders and whom they see fit, based on the nature of the item.
- A degree or diploma in accounting from an accredited educational institution, or appropriate work experience.
- Practical experience in maintaining a full general ledger and account reconciliation.
- Attention to detail and precision in account reconciliation and report generation.
- A commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and support of church ministries
- A commitment to confidentiality regarding all account records, both of the church and staff, and the members.
- Dependable attendance.
- The ability to meet specific deadlines.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills including Quickbooks, Excel, Word, Fellowship One.
- A demonstrated Christian faith commitment (church membership strongly preferred).
Supervisor: Facility Manager
Performs duties related to our facility, including needed repairs from a pre-written check-list
- Help inspect the building and detect malfunctions and needed repairs
- Minor electrical maintenance which may include repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, and replace fluorescent bulbs and tubes etc.)
- Minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains or faucets, unclogging drains etc.)
- Painting, (preparing surfaces and using a brush, sprayer, or roller to apply, minor carpentry)
- Clean rooms, hallways, washrooms, stairways, and other work areas
- Some flexibility with hours
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and CONDITIONS
- Ability to push a minimum of 100 pounds, and lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to climb a ladder and step ladder
- Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking etc.
- Lubricating fluids, cleaning solvents
- Paints and solvents
- Cleaning fluids normally used in custodial duties
- Servant heart
- Teachable and humble spirit
- Administrative skills
- Flexible and resourceful
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proven team player
- Some experience in facility maintenance
- Lift training and/or working at heights training an asset