We believe that from the earliest followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, believers have identified with, and committed themselves to a particular local body. In light of this understanding, Harvest Oakville affirms the value of formal membership.
How Do I Become A Member?
- First, get an informed sense of who we are: Attend Party with the Pastors. Party with the Pastors helps to fill you in on our vision, history, leadership, and the values that are most important to us.
- We believe God describes clearly in His Word what an authentic Christ-follower looks like and how they are to spend their time. If you’re looking to learn how discipleship looks at Harvest Oakville, this three-week class is an overview of how we believe a Christ-follower is to live and act based on God’s Word. Sign up here
- Next, connect in discipleship and serving: Pursue Christ in community through one of our Group ministries and find a place to serve here.
- Then, complete an application: If you have placed your faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour and have expressed publicly your commitment by being baptized, fill out our Membership Application . We’ll set up an interview to meet with you and hear more of your story.
After your interview, your name will be posted at the church for a period of two weeks. During this period, members are encouraged to clear up any relational or other difficulties which could hinder your ministry and fellowship among us. This is to be done in the spirit of Matthew 18:15-17. At the end of the two-week period, approved candidates will be welcomed into membership.
Responsibilities as a Member
As a member, you are declaring the following:
- You are committed to pursue Christ and have been baptized as a sign of your faith in Him.
- You are committed to worshiping Christ in your life and in community here at Harvest Oakville.
- You are committed to sacrifice yourself here at Harvest Oakville with your time, your gifts, and your finances.
- You are committed to the community of Harvest Oakville through the encouragement of others, your own dedication to growth in Christ, and your pursuit of unity among fellow believers.
For more information on how to apply please contact email@example.com